Contact us to make an appointment General Dental Care for Adults, Babies and Children:
Mon | 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Tue | 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
Wed | 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Thu | 9:00am – 7:00pm
HMC is a Smiles For Children Medicaid Provider
We Put the “Care” in Your Dentistry
Our goal is to provide gentle, caring, confidential basic dentistry to all those in the service area who seek our care. We can work with your budget and with your schedule. We have a sliding scale fee schedule and we accept most dental plans. We provide patients with the option of getting dental work done under nitrous oxide sedation (laughing gas) to help with dental anxiety. Please let us know how we can best serve you in an individualized manner.
Highland Medical Center’s Dental Home by Age One is an oral health program for mothers, babies and young children who are under age 3. The goal is to partner with mothers of babies and small children so that they can reduce the risk for dental decay in young children and, hopefully, raise a cavity-free child.
Mothers are encouraged to appoint their child with the dentist once their primary teeth begin to erupt (usually by 7 months more or less) so that caries risk assessment, oral health counseling, anticipatory guidance, oral hygiene instruction, continued dietary counseling and fluoride varnish applications can be provided for the child. Repeat visits for fluoride varnish application will be scheduled at 3 month intervals for children deemed at high risk for dental caries until age 3.
At age 3, children will “graduate” to 6 month visits for exams, cleanings, fluoride varnish, and dietary counseling and oral hygiene instructions for the parent. Children assessed as high risk for caries will continue to receive fluoride varnish at 3 month intervals.
To attend to basic immediate needs, as well as provide preventive long-term treatment, we provide these professional services in a relaxed environment:
- Limited examination and diagnosis
- Emergency care for oral pain and/or swelling
- Comprehensive examination and diagnosis
- Fillings – tooth-colored or amalgam
- Cleanings, from basic through periodontal depending on diagnosis
- Oral cancer screening
- Tobacco cessation counseling
- Full mouth rehabilitation including partial dentures or complete dentures, including immediate dentures
- Individualized dietary counseling for prevention and control of dental and oral diseases
- Individualized oral health information and instructions
- Crowns and bridges
- Some root canals
- Children’s dental services – including fillings, pulpal therapy, stainless steel crowns, space maintainers
- Sports mouthguards and other biteguards
- Referrals to specialists as indicated
- Individualized oral health information and instruction