Title: Pharmacy Technician
Reports to: Pharmacist In Charge (PIC)
Contacts: Employees, providers, patients, customers and members of the
community, local, state and federal officials.
- Pharmacy at Highland Medical Center, off site meetings as needed
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Physical Demands and Working Conditions: Sitting, standing and walking several hours per day; lifting (<50 lbs).
QUALIFICATION/EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Completion of Pharmacy Tech Training program or equivalent training/experience.
- Virginia or National Pharmacy Tech License
- 2-3 years experience preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Computer experience a must.
- Attention to detail and excellent technical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Maintains current knowledge and skills in accordance with job responsibilities.
- Willing to train with a two year work commitment
DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES: (Essential Functions: Duties and responsibilities noted with bullets are considered to be the essential functions of the job).
- Receive and verify prescriptions
- Answer phone calls
- Prepare medication for clients through mixing, counting pills and labeling bottles
- Price and fill prescriptions
- Obtain approval from the pharmacist
- Access, input and retrieve information from the computer systems including RX30 and ECW
- Verify 340B eligible patients
- Operate a cash register — including: cash, check and charge transactions; bagging merchandise
- Run end of day report and balance cash register and credit card
- Help check-in and help put away drug orders
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
To apply please see instructions on our main Career Opportunities page