Highland Medical Center is expanding its Behavioral Health Department and is seeking a LCSW or LPC for full time or part time employment.
HMC is a federally qualified health center located in Monterey, VA.
The main job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Direct delivery of clinical and case management services to children, adolescents and adults that may include individual counseling, skill building, advocating for the client, psycho-educational services and crisis intervention.
- Manage psycho-social aspects of chronic and acute diseases that may include substance use.
- Apply behavior principles to address lifestyle and health risk issues.
- Evaluate for substance use, identifies maladaptive coping strategies and develops harm reduction strategies utilizing SBIRT.
- Counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, or supporting clients.
- Meet with families, social services, school personnel, probation officers, police or other interested parties to exchange necessary information during the treatment process.
- Consult with referring provider to enhance understanding of the patient, provide decision support for primary care treatment planning and assist in the implementation, as appropriate.
- Monitor clients’ use of medication
- Identify, triage, advocate and coordinate care with referring provider for clients needing specialty mental health services.
Requirements: Master’s Degree; Holds or is eligible to obtain a current, valid License in the Commonwealth of Virginia
Experience: Working in behavioral health care setting 1 year (Preferred)
Reports to: CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Physical Demands and Working Conditions: Sitting, standing and walking several hours per day: lifting (<50 lbs).
To apply please see instructions on our main Career Opportunities page