Highland Medical Center is looking for a certified Physician to join our family primary care team to provide patients of all ages with high-quality treatment and diagnostic services in our Federally Qualified Health Center. We offer onsite primary, dental, and behavioral health care as well as physical therapy and a full-service retail pharmacy.
The ideal candidate is an intuitive healthcare professional, whose diagnostic abilities are only matched by their concern for their patients and their community. The person in the Physician role will be responsible for meeting, assessing, and diagnosing patients in our clinic while collaborating with a multidisciplinary team to provide them with healthcare services that meet or exceed national standards for caregiving.
They will be responsible for managing our client’s preventative and chronic care needs as well as acute illness and occasional urgent care needs. They will strive to provide a holistic approach to promote adherence to medical therapeutic regimens and lifestyle adjustments that will contribute to the client’s recovery from diagnosed health issues, prevent future health issues and/or promote a healthier life.
Team members of HMC are eligible for the National Health Services Corp loan repayment program. See https://bhw.hrsa.gov for more information. HMC offers an attractive benefits package and flexible scheduling for a greater work/life balance.
Responsibilities for Physician
- Work with the healthcare team to provide patients with primary medical care services within the standard of care for Family Medicine patients.
- Order laboratory and radiology tests and refer patients to specialists when appropriate and called for.
- Analyze reports, test results, medical records, and examinations to diagnose conditions and propose treatment options.
- Prescribe pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens to treat identified and documented medical conditions.
- Discuss potential side effects of medication/treatment with patients and ensure that all allergy information is up to date before prescribing medication/treatment.
- Provide advice to patients for lifestyle and diet changes that may improve their health or help to treat the health issue they are experiencing.
- Adhere to organizational policies, procedures and objectives, ongoing quality improvement objectives and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and comply with all federal and state health information privacy laws.
- Record complete, timely and legible medical records.
Qualifications for Physician
- We are looking for a candidate who has the following certifications:
- MD or DO degree from an accredited United States medical school.
- Successful completion of residency at an accredited healthcare institution.
- Board certification/eligibility in Family Medicine or related field from said residency.
- Current license to practice medicine in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Current DEA licensure
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS certified
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals and collaborating with them to ensure positive, effective patient experiences with our organization.
- Experience providing primary care and diagnostic services in a rural clinical setting is a bonus.
Please visit our main Career Opportunities page for how to apply.