Highland Medical Center is looking for a dental assistant to provide quality, comprehensive and appropriate dental care and maintenance for the general health of HMC patient’s mouth and teeth.
The main job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the oral health management of patients .
- Greet and check in dental patients, ascertaining any change in status of contact information or insurance.
- Make up charts for new patients and copy insurance cards for record.
- Verify accuracy of patient information in database.
- Assist dental providers in procedures and facilitate patient flow.
- Maintain inventory of supplies for the dental suite and oversee cleaning and maintenance of dental equipment.
- Complies with all applicable infection control and safety procedures.
- Assessment of the health status of patients is done systematically, properly recorded and communicated to the provider.
- Observes and documents patient’s response to medications and/or treatments administered.
- Demonstrates awareness of current state, federal, and local laws governing the delivery of care.
- Triage patients in need of urgent appointments and schedule appropriate appointments.
- Respects the dignity, confidentiality, and privacy of patients.
- Ensures appropriate stocking of supplies.
- Participates in tracking of lab results, test results and specialty referrals.
- Schedule tests and specialist referral appointments.
- Provide an interface between dental and medical service for smooth operation.
- Assist the front office assistant and other team members in additional duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: High School graduate/ experience working in a primary dental setting preferably with patients of all ages. Certified Dental Assistant preferred.
Reports to: Dentist
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Physical Demands and Working Conditions: Sitting, standing and walking several hours per day
To apply please see instructions on our main Career Opportunities page.